Spent the day with John-Michael and now I've got that feeling where everything seems simultaneously better than ever and completely broken. This is definitely how the sausage gets made.
Is there a better way to ring in the first embodiment of the Peach puppet than with ONJ?
I dunno prob.
We've officially started designing puppets! They might not be the most polished renderings, but Al, Peach, Salt & Pepper, Sage, and the Spice Girls are all starting to take shape.
And though we're just a few days in, some thought provoking questions have begun to emerge:
- How do you make the puppet version of a McCormick cayenne pepper shaker sexy?
- What's the best way to control a puppet's eyelids?
- How big must the blast of a glitter canon be to look completely bad ass on stage?
- How many hands does it take to operate the mouth of a gigantic peach?
- What would it take to get confetti to stream steadily from the mouth of a puppet for 3-5 minutes straight?
- What puppet materials are both flexible, waterproof, and soft?
- If asked, would the average grown man put on a sequin dress in a room of strangers?
Got any leads? Let us know in the comment!
When you spend the morning working on set design, only one place makes sense for lunch.
Holy crap! After more than two years of work, we just finished writing the first draft of our story! Now it's time to start growing our team and making ourselves a musical.
But first, a little celebration :)
If you noticed a play on words in this post's title, you're right! Not only is the Al Dente team closing in on a finished story, we're working on it as we bike across the city. Doesn't get any better than this.